Saturday, June 24, 2006

What did I get myself into??

Kim had a honey-do for me today - to replace our kitchen sink. So, we went to Home Depot and decided on an undivided sink. Well, I didn't really think of the hassle it was going to be to convert my double bowl sink plumbing to a single bowl sink plumbing. The biggest hassle of all was the garbage disposal. It is hard wired into the wall, so there was no unplugging it. The disposal at our old house was plugged in, but I do remember the inspector calling us out on that one, so I guess it's much safer to have a hard wired disposal.

While I was at it, I changed the hot and cold water lines from copper tubing to the braided nylon. It took me a lot longer to complete than if we would have had them install it for us, but I'm glad I did it. I learned a lot and saved some money at the same time. I took the first picture at 2:00pm, so that's the approximate start time, and I was done** at 9:00pm. That seven hours includes two trips to Ace hardware and one more trip to Home Depot, plus a break for dinner.

**Done in Chad's eyes means it is functional. It will do it's intended job - water turns on and off...disposal works...nothing leaks. Just like the floors in the old house when it took me a while to get to the quarter round (those are minor details!) I still have to attach the clips and caulk it. All in due time! Posted by Picasa

No comments: