Friday, June 22, 2007

YMCA Sharks

Evan's 3rd game was tonight and he finally made contact. The previous 2 games he had only gotten to bat once per game, but this one was a full game that moved quickly and he got to bat 3 times. He made contact on all 3. The first one was a liner to the first baseman who scooped it up and put Evan out at first, but the second one was a stand up double to right field, and eventually came around to score.

We played a very good fielding team. They were catching balls on the fly left and right. They had a double play, and unfortunately for us, a triple play!! That's where Evan's last at bat comes in. With runners on first and second and nobody out, Evan hit a pop fly to the shortstop. The runners broke on contact and did not heed our screaming to return to their bases. Immediately after catching the fly, the shortstop tagged the runner who was off of second and threw to second base where the runner from first was tagged. Triple Play!!

No matter, the boys were all ecstatic! They all hit very well and fielded pretty well, too. To celebrate, Evan's big night, our family went out for ice cream after the game. We are all so proud of Evan. He's having so much fun, and I must admit I am, too. I'll also admit that I got a little teary eyed when he got his first hit. He had been wanting to hit that ball so bad in a game. He does great at practice, but I guess nerves get to him during the game. So, when he got the hit, he was beaming with joy, as was I. And wouldn't you know it, that we forgot the camera. Oh well, part of me is glad because I was able to experience the joy of the moment without having to make sure the camera was trained on him, but of course, we'll never have a visual record of his first hit. Oh well, there will be many more.
This is the team logo that Evan Drew! I think it's excellent. He gave it to one of the coaches, but not before I scanned it for posterity. We could put it on hats, shirts, or even bumper stickers!! OK, so I'm going a bit overboard. Anyway, I thought I'd add a little color to it, so below you'll see the enhanced version.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: