Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Viking Quest

Going back to Homeschooling, I really want to be more involved in homeschooling this year, and we are really trying hard to make it fun for the boys (especially Evan), so I looked at their books and found out what they were going to be studying to see if I could make a fun lesson for them. To my delight, Evan's history lesson a few weeks ago was on Vikings, so I decided to create a treasure hunt for him to find Viking Facts hidden throughout the house. The Clues were given as videos, and once he found the fact, there was a question on the back of it. The answer to the question was the password for the next video clue. At the end, I created a video clip of Viking Pictures mixed in with video of Evan playing guitar, with the whole thing being set to Led Zeppelin's The Immigrant Song (which is about Vikings!) I had a blast making the thing and at the very end, even put a blooper reel together. I'm going to attempt to post the video clues below. Hopefully they work. Unfortunately I cannot post the final "prize video" due to copyright laws. But here are my video clues and the blooper reel. Enjoy!

Intro and Clue #1

The clue was in the closet, and it was a picture of a runic carving. The password to the next clue was "runic."

Clue #2

The clue was a picture of a Viking Long Ship in the black chest that is visible behind me as I videoed myself. Kim's dad gave us the chest years ago and it is filled with their family tree information and oodles of old pictures. "Long" was the password for the next clue.

Clue #3

The clue was hidden behind the door of the gas valve for the fire place. It was a picture of "Valhalla" which was also the password for the last clue.

Clue #4

The clue was hidden in my guitar case.

Again, I couldn't upload the final video, so use your imagination. After the video came the blooper reel.

The Blooper Reel:

1 comment:

The Williams Family said...

That was cool. Now Elliot's turn, Christopher Columbus era.