Friday, July 10, 2009

God Bless America (Happy 4th AND July...)


For the Fourth of July we grilled ribs, chicken, hot dogs, hamburgers and kabobs with our good friends Clay and Allison Parker and their boys Xander and Zachary. We had a great time hanging out with them. After dinner it was time for the slip and slide, only this time I had to improvise with a bit of "Cajun Engineering." As I turned on the water to the slip and slide, the vinyl split open so there was no way to get the sprinkles down the length of the slide. So, I turned on a water hose and poured a dab of dish soap on it an viola!
Once the sun went down we pulled out the sparklers and we even got brave this year and bought some Roman Candles and some 3-shot artillery shells. Drew did not approve, but Evan, Elliot and Dylan didn't seem to mind at all.
Elliot really wanted to decorate, so we brought out the sidewalk chalk and he drew this beautiful flag. I had gone in for a minute and when I returned he showed me that he added the words to it , "Happy 4th and July." Then he asked me who we "beat" on our first Independance Day and I said, "Britan." So the next thing I know he wrote "Britan" and then drew the red circle with the line going through a la Ghostbusters! I said, "well, Elliot, that was a long time ago and now America and Britan are great friends." Without missing a beat he says, "Oh, ok," and goes to his "no Britan" drawing and turns it into a Red White and Blue Heart. It was so sweet.

5 comments:

Alice said...

Sounds like fun. We miss you guys!

Alice said...

Oh--and tell the boys their chalk art is first rate.

Anonymous said...

It's spelled Britain.

Anonymous said...

THat was my above comment. Kim

The Williams Family said...

The negatives of being married to an English Major!