Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Few Stragglers

Is "straggler" even a word?  It dawned on me that we did not take a picture of the t-shirts from the party, plus, I felt obligated to not leave all two of you hanging, waiting with baited breath on whether or not we returned Elliot's guitar.

First, the shirt.  Here's the one Evan made:
Front


Back

And as for Elliot's guitar...

We returned the blue guitar, went to Guitar Center and bought this one.  It is a sweet Squier Mini by Fender.  For $30 more we really upgraded and I'm glad we did.  This little baby really plays well, and I admit I hold on to it a bit too long after I'm done tuning it if you catch my drift!  Hmm...reminds me of....


That's my grandpa "tuning" my first guitar...


....still tuning.....


"Come on, grandpa, I wanna play my guitar!!"


FINALLY!!

I'll close with a few more pics that we took this past Sunday.

Drew is really itching to get an electric of his own.  For now, we bought him a strap from Guitar Center because he really has been a trooper this weekend watching Evan and Elliot rack up with presents.  His birthday is in May, so who knows...maybe a Vee Wee is in the cards?




Oddly enough, I really like this picture.

2 comments:

christina said...

:)

your boys have some stinkin cool parents! and those shots of gpa tuning are super super awesome! what a neat retrospect. how special for you to be on the other side of that!!!

and as soon as bedrest is over, i'll be catching up on that "cool shots" competition we are in. (oh what? you didn't know that?) :)

Linda said...

YOWZA!!