Sunday, March 21, 2010

You Say It's Your Birthday...

The boys' long awaited "Rock and Roll" birthday party has finally come!  Kim made an awesome cake that was topped with KISS figures, we decorated the house with posters, set up Rock Band/Guitar Hero on the downstairs TV, and set up Evan's guitar and my bass in the back room so we could "play our gig" for the guests.

As each party goer arrived, their hands were stamped with a skull and crossbones stamp for admittance, then it was off to either play Rock Band or to make their own custom Rock and Roll t-shirt.  We cut out stencils for The Beatles, AC/DC and a Flying V guitar.  We also bought some pre-made stencils to add extra flair if they so desired.

After the t-shirts were made, the live music began.  I give Evan huge props for how much he has advanced on the guitar.  When he received his electric guitar for Christmas, he said he wanted to play a concert for his birthday party, and we practiced for months getting three good songs down to play.  We opened up with I Love Rock and Roll by Joan Jett and the Blackhearts, followed by The Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin.  The closer was Iron Man by Black Sabbath.

After that, everyone was ready for some cake and ice cream and to open gifts.

Everyone had a blast and after a bit more Guitar Hero (Evan got a new one as a gift) the party drew to a close.

It will be hard to top this one.  I think I had just as much fun as the boys did, and for sure this was the coolest birthday party I've ever been to!

Enjoy the photos!

The table was set.


Kim did a great job on the cake!


Dylan gets a little drum action


Preparing for the party.  Elliot wanted a Paul Stanley face.

Rock Band!

Drew and Jared decide to go for the real thing.

Rocking out with Evan...a great moment for me!

All the rockers get together for a picture.

A future rock star.

Time for presents!

Pop wearing my old Led Zeppelin shirt...and a full head of hair!!

Up to this point, Elliot had recieved a guitar stand and a guitar amp.  Hmmm.  I wonder what this one could be??!!

Elliot finally joins the electric age!

Elliot tests out his new axe.  (Unfortunately I think it's too big for him.  We may have to find a smaller one for him.)

Pop and Evan on Guitar Hero

Drew and Dylan under the table and dreaming.

Trying out Evan's new Guitar Hero

Sing me a song

Kim and Drew kick out some jams

5 comments:

christina said...

first, your bride is such a hottie! (love you kim!)
second, what a spectacular party idea! I love it!
Thanks for sharing all the pics with us!!!

kimwilliams said...

A little DMB thrown in, I like it!

The Williams Family said...

i thought you'd appreciate that. I wish the other pic of them both under the table would have been more clear.

The Williams Family said...

@Chris - yes, my bride is a hottie! I'm such a lucky guy!!

Robin Manthei said...

Kim is a hottie! WTG Williams family on such a cool birthday!!!