Sunday, April 26, 2009

Yesterday

This is a re-post of a note I wrote on my facebook account, but it is still very much fitting of how incredible yesterday was. So, instead of yardwork and grilling, it was baseball and Mass...now, that is a fantastic combination!

Wow, what a gorgeous and fantastic day yesterday was. Perfect weather! Why, yesterday was such a good day, I'm compelled to write a note about it!First of all I got to sleep in! After waking up, I was able to exercise and the boys even joined me at the end. It was so sweet...Elliot saw me huffing and puffing, so he left the room and came back with some Chocolate Milk for me and he said, "Here dad, I fixed you some chocolate milk in case you run out of water." My sweet baby!

After exercise it was homemade banana pancakes and coffee from my beautiful bride, Kim. I'd like to pause here and say that I've never been a coffee drinker until recently, and even now, I only like coffee when it is made at home. I find that the only way I can enjoy it is with Kim. She makes the perfect cup, but it's not just the taste. It is being HOME. I've tried drinking coffee at work and do not like it at all, and even getting a coffee at Starbucks just isn't the same as the experience I have at home.

Next on the agenda was to get some landscaping things and party supplies for the boys' birthday party next weekend. We bought 10 bags of mulch and it covered our front flowerbed only (I'll have to get some more to finish the job.) Evan and Elliot gladly helped with this "dirty job." We then moved to cleaning up the back yard which was not completed but it stlill looks a lot better now. Kim went to the store and bought some ribeye steaks to grill and Dos Equis Special Lager (green bottle.) My oh my it just does not get much better than that!

After the wonderful dinner and bathtime, me and the boys had a "slumber party" where we went up to the guest room and watched Inspector Gadget 2 while drawing Star Wars comics. Before the slumber party began, we said prayers and my boys all had some very profound prayers to say. Evan had so much to say that once we had gone around he asked if he could say "prayers part 2" because he thought of some more things to thank God for! So wonderful.

So, in a nutshell, yesterday was a lot like what I envision Heaven to be. Not only the perfect weather, but I was surrounded and enveloped in love and PEACE. Oh my, the Peace that I felt yesterday was unlike I've ever experienced. And we did so much, it was like the day was going to go on forever, and that was fine by me! So it was kind of like a little taste of Heaven and being in the "Eternal Now".

Yesterday, God answered a prayer I never actually prayed. Just the night before I pondered many things and I came to the conclusion that deep down, I felt like my best days were behind me. And that was the main reason why I want to do triathlons and 1/2 marathons and just try to get into good shape in general: I'm trying to prove to myself that while there are many, many good days behind me, the best is yet to come. Well, on Saturday, God showed me that He can take me AS I AM, and give me one of the best days of my life.Yesterday was awesome....I can't wait to see what God does TODAY!

1 comment:

Alice said...

Absolutely awesome Chad. I can relate to this on so many levels. I am so impressed with your family and feel blessed to know you all. Keep up the good work. I love your blog.
Alice